At St. Charles Monuments, we are dedicated to helping people commemorate their loved ones by creating high-quality, lasting memorials. In doing so, we have forged relationships with large, public cemeteries and small, local cemeteries alike. North Babylon fits into the latter category, as a local cemetery with beautiful scenery.
About North Babylon Cemetery
Established in 1924 as a small local cemetery, North Babylon Cemetery offers an intimate resting place for your loved ones. The large cross at the center of the cemetery fosters an atmosphere that is conducive to reflection, and remembering positive times during visitation. There are several decorative plants surrounding the large cross. The brick gate at the entrance welcomes visitors, creating an inviting setting. There are many shrubs and raised brick flower beds throughout the property, which aid in creating a natural and reflective feel.
The staff at North Babylon Cemetery does allow headstone decorations, but there are a few rules and regulations surrounding these decorations.
- North Babylon Cemetery does permit loved ones to decorate the headstone with flowers and other decorations. However, they must be placed within 18 inches of the front of the headstone, and may not extend further.
- During the holidays, family members are permitted to place wreaths and blankets. However, they must be removed by February 15th.
- Easter decorations are also permitted, but must be removed by June 1st.
- Flags placed near, on top of, below or adjacent to headstones may not exceed 12” x 16”.
- Families and friends are not permitted to install fencing or edging around the perimeter of the headstone.
- The staff does not permit wooden crosses– only approved grave markers.
- Any planted shrubs must be approved by the superintendent.
- You may not bring glass jars, pinwheels, garden hooks, solar lights, or any other knick knacks.
The intersection of Sunrise Highway and Livingston Ave
Babylon, NY 11702